This job will see you working directly with and assisting Epic Pictures’ co-founder and Dread Central Media chairman Shaked Berenson with anything and everything from strategy to implementation of every aspect of the studio (film development, financing, production, foreign licensing, distribution, marketing, press, and publishing).
This position is a great opportunity to learn all facets in the business of film. The ideal candidate is a motivated go-getter with exceptional computer, communication, and problem solving skills who is willing to put 3-5 years in the organization working hard with the intention of learning and building a career in the business of film, so please no aspiring writers, directors, actors, etc...
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing to put long hours, weekends and be available on call 24/7
• Minimum bachelors degree in related field
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent research skills
• Ability to work in MAC environment - quickly learning and figuring out new softwares is a must
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) - Advanced Excel skills is a must and this will be tested
• Ability to work with Adobe Creative Suite software (mainly Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere)
• Strong working knowledge of Web technology and tools, marketing analytics, mobile tools, and marketing automation
• Self-motivated, results-oriented
To apply please us send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Independent Film Studio in Hollywood looking for an exceptional Assistant to join the Accounting team. In this role you will work directly with the Controller and Accounting Manager. You will be responsible for daily collections and data entry for Accounts Receivable, also assisting with general administrative responsibilities.
- Input daily invoices and bills into QuickBooks as received via email.
- Manage data entry on excel sheets for AR and AP, reconciling with QuickBooks, and maintaining accurate balances for internal reporting.
- Collect payments and follow-up with open invoices, email or call customers for reminders.
- Maintain e-files and paper filing.
- Handle all outgoing shipments for daily retail DVD sales, contracts, tax documents, website orders, etc as requested.
- Assist with general office tasks - answering phones, greeting clients, validating parking, ordering office supplies, keeping a clean office and requesting maintenance from the building manager when needed.
- Other tasks will be assigned as they come up, all within accounting for general operations support.
Experience and Skills:
- Experience as a Bookkeeper, Office Manager, Paralegal, or similar role is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills, dynamic and energetic approach to work.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Very organized, steady follow-up, independently driven.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles (debits and credits), maintaining accurate account balances.
- Computer skills and programs used daily: Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word (for legal contracts), and QuickBooks.
- Full-time position, 401k matching up to 4%, vacation and health benefits, paid parking and travel expenses.
- Office hours are M-F 9:30am to 6:30pm with and hour lunch, willing to work around school schedules if you are currently enrolled in college or intend to in the future.
To apply, please send us your cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com. Please send all documents in PDF. Use the job title for the subject line followed by your name.